How Far Will YOU Go?
Introducing the Great National Park Relay Race where you and a team of 23 others from around the country all compete to go as far as possible in one day.
This unique format is new to virtual racing and adds a level of anticipation and even pressure not seen before.
Registrations are filling up fast and team selection is VERY limited, so be sure to sign up now!
How This Works
Each participant will choose a National Park Service-themed team to be on and select a one hour time slot on September 26, 2020. Each team has 24 participants and on race day, each team member will run/walk/hike as far as they can during their one hour. At the end of the day, all 24 team members' distances will be added up to see how far you went as a team! You'll be able to track each other and how you're doing vs the other teams.
- 1Join a Team (There's one for each National Park)
- 2Select Your Time Slot (1 for each hour of the day)
- 3Run when it's your turn
- 4Report your distance
- 5See which team went the farthest!
Best Distance Relay
Sep. 26, 2020
Wherever you want
Wherever you want
Early Bird Shirt/Bib Deadline
Sep. 2, 2020
Final Day to Register
Sep. 22, 2020
ASAP after you run
The Great National Park relay is being held Saturday, September 26, 2020. This is also Public Lands Day!
This relay race is unique in that each participant is challenged with running, walking or hiking as far as they can in just one hour. Here’s how it works:
- On the registration page, you’ll join a team of 24 others from all over the country. Each team is named after a national park or public land area and is limited to just 24 racers. Unless you specifically arrange to race with your friends, you likely will not know the other participants on your team.
- Each of the 24 team members will choose a one-hour time slot on September 26. Each team has just one time slot available for each hour of the day so that during the race all teams in the relay will be racing constantly for 24 hours.
- The race will start at Midnight PDT 9/26/20 (3 AM ET) and finish at 11:59 that same day.
- At the end of the race, we’ll add up how far each team went to see which team went the farthest.
- Once you've signed up, any swag you registered for will ship within the timeframes listed below.
- As race day approaches, Virtual Running Club will send out detailed information about how to report the distance with a verification screenshot of a GPS tracker or treadmill.
- If you'd like to paricipate, but plan on going a short distance, a few teams have been set aside as "CASUAL". You can opt for that team.
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED :/
Sign up by 9/22!
Race day is September 26, 2020
What You Can Get When You Sign Up
In addition to an entry to the race and great memories, you can get some awesome bling. Our swag options are a la carte so you can choose just what you want. For this race, you can choose a fun "baton" medal, classic race shirt and/or a keepsake printed bib!
Don't wait - swag deadlines are approaching.
KEEPSAKE PRINTED BIB
OFFICIAL RACE SHIRT
Shirt Type & Color Options
Event Specifics & FAQs
Registration will be open through race day as supplies last. Unlike our other events, you are required to do your race during the time you select during the registration process. Times are listed as Pacific Daylight Time. You'll need to calculate what that is in your local timezone.
Medals must be earned by finishing the race. This helps us maintain the spirit of the traditional race experience. We'll begin shipping medals the week after the race to those participants who:
Added a medal to their registration AND reported their finish DISTANCE (by the reporting deadline)
Shirts and bibs are printed specifically for each participant. Shirts and bibs ship regardless of whether your distance is reported. All swag ships separately. Once a registration is complete (paid for), it cannot be changed. Registrations are processed according to the timelines below. Due to manufacturing and international shipping constraints, if the color of the shirt you select is out of stock, the next closest color will automatically be substituted for you. Click here to download your own generic digital bib PDF.
Shirt Shipment Deadline: Register by September 2 and your shirt and/or bib will arrive around September 25, 2020
For those that register after September 2, your shirt and/or bib will be printed after the race and will arrive around October 16, 2020
All swag ships separately. Shirts & Medals ship with a tracking email from email@example.com. Bibs are sent first class with a stamp.
All items will ship according to the timelines listed for each items in this dropdown.
For tracking your distance and time, you can use whatever app or system that works best for you. All we need is the finish DISTANCE that you travelled during your one-hour time slot. We will require a screenshot or picture of your distance for veracity of what you report.
As the race approaches, you will be given more information about where and how to report.
As the race approaches, we will release the results page so you can see how well your team is doing.
There is no predetermined distance choice. You will travel unassisted as far as you can in a one hour on September 26, 2020.
If you would like to see how far you can go in multiple hours on race day, that's up to you. You'll need to register yourself for multiple time slots if that's what you decide to do.
For this event, all participants need to do their race during the time slot they choose a registration. The 24-hours of racing will start at Midnight Pacific Time September 26, 2020.
This means if you register for "5am" and you live in the Eastern Time Zone, you'll actually be racing at 8am Eastern Time.
Shirt Size Charts
Everyday Shirt Sizes
Tech Shirt Sizes
What people are saying about VRC
We work hard to earn your business and your trust. Our swag is high quality and we try to match that quality with our customer service. Here's what others say: