Reach YOUR Peak
Introducing the Reach Your Peak Seven Summits Series
Over the next 14 months, run, walk or hike the distance and/or elevation of each of the tallest peaks across each continent and earn some great bling along the way.
Registration is now open and the first peak in the series is right here in North America - Denali.
How This Works
Every two months, a new peak (one from each continent) will be featured as the focus peak for the period and we'll all work towards completing that peak. You have the option of traveling the distance of that peak from a specific base camp to the summit or you can track your elevation gained from that base-camp to the top.
All registrations come with the 7 peak completion pins and the finisher medal. The pins are 1" and each pin has a spot reserved for it on the race medal ribbon. Entry into the series, the 7 pins, 1 finisher medal, fun challenges along the way and a supportive community all for only $99.95. Plus Free Shipping. On the registration page, you will be able to add a waterproof keepsake printed bib and/or a series t-shirt to commemorate this memorable experience.
- 1Sign Up
- 2Choose The Swag Options You Want
- 3After You Register join the private Facebook group
- 4Run/Walk/Hike and track your distance or elevation over the course of the 2 months
- 5Report when you've gone the distance/elevation
- 6Start The Next Summit
Cumulative Virtual Distance/Elevation Series
Next "Summit" Date
June 1, 2021
Wherever you want
Wherever you want
Varies based on Summit challenge
Next Shirt/Bib Deadline
May 9, 2021
Final Day to Register
While Supplies Last
Each Summit should be reported by the end of its "Summit Day". More info below.
Event Type: Cumulative Virtual Distance/Elevation Series
Next "Summit" Date: February 1, 2021
Location: Wherever you want
Course: Wherever you want
Distances Available: Varies based on Summit challenge
Next Shirt/Bib Deadline: March 7, 2021
Final Day to Register: While Supplies Last
Reporting Deadline: Each Summit should be reported by the end of its "Summit Day". More info below.
With the 2020 race schedule winding down, we want to help you reach YOUR peak in 2021! Join us for the Seven Summit Series.
You will have the opportunity to climb the highest mountain on each continent.
- Mount Everest (Asia). Actual Elevation: 29,029'
- To summit Everest, you can choose to go 6.17 miles or climb 11,529'. This challenge is open April 2 - June 1, 2021.
- Everest is open April 2 - June 1, 2021. You can do the challenge all at once or over the course of the 2 months. (If you miss this timeframe, the series will repeat and you will be able to complete it June 2, 2022 - August 1, 2022.)
- When it comes time to report your finish, you will have the option of entering how long it took you, but ultimately all you need to do is confirm that you summited the peak by clicking a box on your VRC account.
- Reporting opens early April 2021.
- "Summit Day" is June 1, 2021.
- Puncak Jaya (Australia/Oceania). Actual Elevation: 16,024'
- To summit Puncak Jaya, you can choose to go 1.69 miles or climb 5,525'. This challenge is open June 2 - August 1, 2021.
- "Summit Day" is August 1, 2021.
- Kilimanjaro (Africa). Actual Elevation: 19,341'
- To summit Kilimanjaro, you can choose to go 10 miles or climb 7,091'. This challenge is open August 2 - October 1, 2021.
- "Summit Day" is October 1, 2021.
- Mount Vinson (Antarctica). Actual Elevation: 16,050'
- To summit Mount Vison, you can choose to go 4.5 miles or climb 3670'. This challenge is open October 2 - December 1, 2021.
- "Summit Day" is December 1, 2021.
- Denali (North America). Actual Elevation: 20,320'
- To summit Denali, you can choose to go 15.8 miles or climb 13,882'. This challenge is open December 2, 2021 - February 1, 2022.
- "Summit day" is February 1, 2022.
- Mount Aconcagua (South America). Actual Elevation: 22,841'
- To summit Mount Aconcagua, you can choose to go 21.65 miles or climb 13,286'. This challenge is open February 2, 2022 - April 1, 2022.
- "Summit Day" is April 1, 2022.
- Mount Elbrus (Europe). Actual Elevation: 18,513'
- To summit Mount Elbrus, you can choose to go 3.5 miles or climb 5,718'. This challenge is open April 2, 2022 - June 1, 2022.
- "Summit Day" is June 1, 2022.
What is "Summit Day"?
Think of it as a "Race Day" without the "Race" part. It's the day to aim to have your peak finished and when we will all celebrate one another's accomplishments.
How this works
In the spirit of completing each peak as you would in-person, here's how it will work:
You can do one or both of these things for each peak:
- Go the distance from a specific basecamp to the summit
- Go the vertical elevation from a specific basecamp to the summit
Generally you are expected to finish at least one of these tasks during the two-month window for each peak. You do have the flexibility to do your events later, but you will not earn your milestone awards (pin and/or medal) until after you have summited the peak of that milestone.
Next 3 Milestones
June 1, 2021
Mount Everest (6.17 miles 11,529')
August 1, 2021
Puncak Jaya (1.69 miles or 5,525')
October 1, 2021
Mount Kilimajaro (10 miles or 7,091')
Each registration will include an opportunity to earn 7 pins and one finisher medal. After your first summit completion, we will send the ribbon for your medal as well as the pin for the peak you summited. For the next 5 peak completions, we'll send your completion pin and then when your 7th milestone is reported as complete, we'll send your final pin and the finisher medal.
Don't Have GPS?
No problem. You can also use a pedometer to track your distance or elevation. Generally speaking, about 2,000 steps equals one mile and 1 floor equals about 10 vertical feet.
Additionally, we will also make this experience even more realistic with additional challenges for each summit that relate back to each mountain...it will make you feel like you are right there with the crazies that actually pay $100,000s of dollars for this experience!
Did we mention that this series also supports Wander Project and local communities that support others in reaching their full potential? Join us for a charity bib and raise funds for a nonprofit organization that is making a difference in YOUR community. Click here to sign up for a charity bib.
Charity Bib Cost:
- Raise $250 for a community beneficiary of your choice and then you will be registered for the current mountain challenge (challenges change every 2 months). This includes your shirt, medal and customized bib. Each participant that is looking to raise money for one free entry needs to raise $250. When $250 is reached, the participant will be registered for 1 shirt, 1 printed bib and 1 finisher medal (They will not get the summit pins).
- Raise $500 or more and then you will be registered for the entire series! Once this fundraising level is reached, the participant is registered for 1 shirt, 1 printed bib, 1 finisher medal and all 7 summit pins.
The Seven Summit Series kicks off on Giving Tuesday! Let’s show what we can do together to support individuals and communities in Reaching Their Peak!!
Learn more about becoming a fundraiser by clicking here.
Next Registration Deadline
Register by 5/9/21 to get your shirt/bib in time for Everest's Summit Day (June 1, 2021).
Elbrus Summit Day
The next summit in the series is Everest - 6/1/21
What You Can Get When You Sign Up
In addition to an entry to the race and great memories, you can get some awesome bling. Our swag options are a la carte so you can choose just what you want. For this race, you can choose a medal with 7 milestone pins, a classic race shirt and/or a keepsake printed bib!
Don't wait - swag deadlines are approaching.
& 7 SUMMIT PINS
WATERPROOF PRINTED BIB
Shirt Type & Color Options
Event Specifics & FAQs
Registration will be open as supplies last. We will have an official "Summit Day" event on the first of every other month starting December 2020.
You can do your summit when works best for you though.
After you complete your first summit, we will send your series ribbon AND the current milestone pin.
When you complete your 2nd through 6th summit challenge, we'll send each of those pins.
Following your 7th summit, we'll send your 7th pin AND the finisher medal. The medal will attach to the ribbon and the ribbon will have 7 spots where you can stick your pins.
Pins will ship about 1-2 weeks following each "Summit Day" to those that have indicated that they have finished their challenge.
If you don't finish the specific summit by that peaks "Summit Day", you can still catch up, but your ribbon/pin/medal will not ship until after the next Summit Day.
There is one shirt and one bib design that you can add on to your order. Shirts start at just $13 and bibs are only $6.
There will be a registration deadline 3-4 weeks before each Summit Day to be on the next batch of shirt orders.
All shirts and bibs are printed specifically for each participant, so be sure to check out the size charts because we'll have none to exchange.
If a you registered by the deadline for the next Summit Day, your shirt and/or bib will arrive before that Summit Day.
If you miss that deadline, your shirt will arrive just before the next Summit Day.
NOTE: Because of international product disruption, if the chosen shirt is no longer available, the next closest shirt color will automatically be substituted for you.
- Register by November 8 & your shirt/bib will arrive by December 1.
- Register by January 5 & your shirt/bib will arrive by February 1.
- Register by March 7 & your shirt/bib will arrive by April 1.
- Register by May 7 & your shirt/bib will arrive by June 1.
All swag ships separately. Shirts, Medals and Pins ship with a tracking email from email@example.com. Bibs are sent first class with a stamp. Sometimes bibs are set aside as a bill or other mail. They are in a white envelope.
All items will ship according to the timelines listed for each items in this dropdown.
There are two ways to report your Summit Completion Milestones:
Spark Challenges App
First download our free Spark Challenges App. After you complete each milestone distance, you will need to mark the completion on the Spark App. Download the app here: Apple (iOS) • Google (Android). Once the app is downloaded, you'll need to sync your Spark & VRC accounts. You can from your app profile.
The app is a supplemental tool designed to help you log your miles/elevation - while it is free, it is not required.
Click "Report My Time" in the menu on our site then follow the prompts.
"Summit Day" is the specific day where we are all working to finish each peak as we try to accomplish the Seven Summits Challenge.
You will be able to do your summit when works best for you though. You can break your distance or elevation up however works best for you. You can also use whatever app or system that works best for you to keep track of your distance or elevation.
Summit Days are listed in the "Tap Here For More Details" section above
You can choose whether you do a distance or elevation for any of the Summits in the series. You can mix and match however works best for you. You can also try to do distance AND elevation.
- 12/1/20 - Denali (15.8 miles or 13,882')
- 2/1/21 - Mount Aconcagua (21.65 miles or 13,286')
- 4/1/21 - Mount Elbrus (3.5 miles or 5,718')
- 6/1/21 - Mount Everest (6.17 miles or 11,529')
- 8/1/21 - Puncak Jaya (1.69 miles or 5,525')
- 10/1/21 - Kilimanjaro (10 miles or 7,091')
- 12/1/21 - Mount Vinson (4.5 miles or 3670')
You can do your event when and where works best for you.
You can break up your distance/elevation or do it all at once.
Shirt Size Charts
Everyday Shirt Sizes
Tech Shirt Sizes
What people are saying about VRC
We work hard to earn your business and your trust. Our swag is high quality and we try to match that quality with our customer service. Here's what others say: