Turkey Trot 5k
Do your race before you stuff your face, the VRC Turkey Trot is back for another year. Gather your flock and walk or run a 5k this Thanksgiving wherever you are and avoid the crowds.
We've got you covered from your head to your tail feathers. Each registration comes with a commemorative medal with the option to add-on a race shirt or custom race bib.
All Registrations Include:
AVAILABLE ADD-ON OPTIONS:
OFFICIAL RACE GEAR
A variety of shirt colors and turkey expressions available for race shirt customization in registration!
HAVE A QUESTION? LET US HELP!
click an item from the dropdown menu below for help
Nope. You can complete your race distance in your movement method of choice. Running is great, but so is walking, hiking, dancing, swimming, rolling, rucking…
Check out our free conversion chart to see how different physical activities can be applied to this challenge.
Swag ships separately in the methods and timeframes listed below.
- Ship with a tracking email from [email protected]
- If you select autoship, medals ship within a week of registration.
- If you opt to report for awards, medals ship within a week of reporting race completion on the VRC mobile app.
Shirts and scrunchies
- Shirts and scrunchies are printed on-demand and expected to arrive roughly 2 weeks after you place an order.
- Bibs are sent in a standard white envelope with a first class stamp.
- These are available to purchase through October 31.
- Registration remains open while supplies last.
- Bibs are available for purchase through October 31, 2022.
- Register by November 6 to receive your shirt/scrunchie by Thanksgiving.
Your registration comes with access to the free VRC mobile app. Use the app to report your race completion. Click here to download the app on iOS or Android, then follow the instructions below:
- 1Enter the email associated with your registration.
- 2Click Turkey Trot 2022 to report your race completion.
- 3Select “Add Activity”.
- 4Enter your completed race distance and click “Save”. Your freshly earned medal will pop up on your screen. Congrats!
- 5Click the “Claim” button and follow the prompts to receive your reward. If you opted to receive your medal up front instead, the “Claim” button will not appear.
The turkey trot distance is 5k or 3.1 miles.
The official race day is Thanksgiving Day - Thursday, November 24.
We offer a grace period through the end of the year. If you opted to report your race completion before earning a medal, you have until December 31, 2022 to do so in our reporting app.
If you’d like more flexibility with when you complete your race, you can opt to receive your medal up front during registration. Then have a friend or family member award it to you at the finish line!
We find some of our participants like to do multiple Virtual Running Club events at once. If you want to double-dip – that is, apply your miles to multiple events – you have our full permission to do so. Choose whatever works best for you!
Yes! A portion of each registration benefits Wander project.
Since 2015, Wander Project participants have raised over $2 million through running events, with over 95% of that money going to national park and public lands preservation and conservation.
Work with our friends at Wander Project and when you raise the minimum threshold for a non-profit (usually $500), Virtual Running Club will sponsor your participation in this event at no cost to you!
Learn more on the Wander Project Charity Bib Page.