Get to Sesame Street Challenge
Benefitting Sesame Workshop, the nonprofit helping kids grow smarter, stronger, and kinder.
Accept the challenge and become your best you
How far will you go in 2023? Run, walk, hike, swim, roll, cycle, paddle, or crawl and be rewarded with Sesame Street character pins as you hit 6 milestones along the way! Choose between the 100- and 500-mile options to customize your journey.
Now in its third year, the Get to Sesame Street Challenge has helped thousands of people across the country build healthy habits and enjoy logging their exercise miles!
Every registration includes:
AVAILABLE ADD-ON OPTIONS:
official race gear
Our Charity Partner
We've partnered with Sesame Workshop, the nonprofit educational organization behind Sesame Street, to bring you this officially licensed event that can be done on your own time and in any location. Click here to learn more about Sesame Workshop.
What REwards will I earn?
Accept the Long-Term challenge
Select your distance below to register
Why take on the challenge?
Virtual Running Club works hard to earn your business and your trust. Our swag is high quality and we work to match that quality with our customer service. But don’t just take our word for it. Here’s what previous Get to Sesame Street challengers have to say:
“I love the smaller milestones throughout the challenge because there are more things to celebrate! I started because of the pandemic but I’ll keep coming back because it’s awesome!”
"This was a great way to encourage my kids to get outdoors and go walking with me. It was a big celebration in our household when my son earned the Elmo pin, because that’s his favorite character."
“This challenge was a much needed work-out motivator. What I didn’t anticipate was a truly inspirational online group supporting each other in our mile-by-mile journey.”
“Not only did I gain confidence and lose some weight, but it felt like my favorite Sesame Street characters were cheering me on.”
Have a question? Let us help!
Click an item from the dropdown menu below for help.
You can complete your race distance in your movement method of choice. Running is great, but so is walking, hiking, dancing, swimming, rucking...
Check out our free conversion chart to see how different physical activities can be applied to this event.
This challenge takes place through the end of the 2023 calendar year. You have until December 31, 2023 to report your progress and see just how far you can go.
Not sure if you’ll get to the finish line? We offer a grace period through June 30, 2024 to report your miles. Or you can select the autoship option during registration, where you receive all the rewards up front to earn on your own timeline.
Swag ships separately in the methods and timelines listed below.
Pins & Medals
- These ship with a tracking email from [email protected]
- If you opt to report for awards, medals ship within a week of reporting race completion on the VRC mobile app.
- If you choose the autoship option, medals ship within a week of registration.
- These ship with a tracking email from [email protected] within a week of registration.
Bibs (Sold Out)
- Bibs are sent in a standard white envelope with a first class stamp.
- They are available for purchase through January 2023.
- These will arrive in mid-January for those who ordered by December 31.
- These will arrive in mid-February for those who ordered by January 31.
Shirts & Mileage Trackers
- These are printed on-demand and expected to arrive roughly 2 weeks after you order.
Supplies are limited and registration will remain open until all swag is sold out. Don't wait!
Your registration comes with access to the VRC mobile app to report your mileage. Click here to download the app on iOS or Android, then follow the instructions below:
- Enter the email associated with your registration.
- Click "2023 Get to Sesame Street Challenge".
- Select “Add Activity”.
- Enter your completed miles and click “Save”. Every time you reach a milestone, your freshly earned reward will pop up on your screen. Congrats!
- Click the “Claim” button and follow the prompts to receive your reward. If you opted to receive your pins and medal up front instead, the “Claim” button will not appear.
Choose between completing 100 miles or 500 miles. If you're looking for the best deal on your journey to Sesame Street, select the combo option to go 500 miles in the VRC mobile app, but earn both the 100- and 500-mile rewards along the way.
Our messages come from [email protected] Please add this address to your safe list so you're sure to get all updates.
There’s a special Facebook group for Sesame Street Races & Challenges. We believe it’s one of the most positive corners of the internet, where members share their achievements and cheer each other on. Joining the group is entirely voluntary.
We find some of our participants like to do multiple Virtual Running Club events at once. If you want to double-dip – that is, apply your miles to multiple events – you have our full permission to do so. Choose whatever works best for you!
Yes! A portion of proceeds will benefit Sesame Workshop, the nonprofit helping kids grow smarter, stronger, and kinder.