Totally Rad 80s Challenge
An 80-mile adventure celebrating
the most excellent decade.
We’re outside with a boombox over our heads blaring the news – the Totally 80s Challenge is here. All that’s missing is you! Walk or run 80 miles in this quest, earning buttons along the way to your dope mixtape medal. Each button features a slice of the decade in subtle and not-so-subtle ways.
Go ahead, make our day – by investing in you and your fitness goals.
“Alright, I might have to dig up the old neon leg warmers for this one. Can’t wait to relive my favorite decade with a fitness twist. The miles will add up fast.”
What do I get?
EVERY REGISTRATION INCLUDES:
Available add-on options:
ADDITIONAL GEAR AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE IN THE VRC SHOP
select how you'd like to receive your rewards
Price includes free shipping, no hidden fees, VRC app tracking, 4 buttons, 1 medal. Optional shirts and other items can be added.
Dude, check out these gnarly rewards
Collect a new button as you reach each checkpoint! Complete all 80 miles to receive your mixtape medal.
Have a Question? Let us help!
Click an item from the dropdown menu below for help.
You can go the 80 miles however works best for you. Running is great, but so is walking, hiking, dancing, swimming, rucking...
Check out our free conversion chart to see how different physical activities can be applied to this challenge.
You have through June 30, 2024 to complete this challenge! Take the time you need to reach the 80-mile distance goal.
If you prefer a more flexible timeline, we recommend opting to receive all your rewards up front during registration. Then you can earn them on your unique schedule.
Swag ships separately in the methods and timeframes listed below.
Buttons & Medals
- Ship with a tracking email from email@example.com
- If you select 'autoship', buttons and medals ship within a week of registration
- If you opt to 'report for rewards', buttons and medals ship within a week of reporting their completion on the VRC mobile app
- Sent in a standard white envelope with a first class stamp
- Available to purchase through December 31, 2022
Shirts, scrunchies, and fanny packs
- Printed on-demand and expected to arrive roughly 2 weeks after you place an order
November 30, 2022
Last day to register to ensure your shirt and/or printed bib arrives by 12/24/2022.
December 11, 2022
Last day to register for 'Autoship' to have your medal and buttons arrive by 12/24/2022.
December 15, 2022
Last day to register to enjoy earlybird pricing.
January 1, 2023
Last day to register to get a printed bib for January.
(Bibs are batch-printed once per month and those that register for a printed bib Dec. 1 through Jan. 1 will get their bib by 1/23/2023.)
January 31, 2023
Last day to register to get a printed bib for February.
(Bibs are batch-printed once per month and those that register for a printed bib Jan. 2 through Jan. 31 will get their bib by 2/23/2023.)
Registration will remain open while supplies last
Earlybird Pricing (Through 12/15/22):
Autoship - $69
Report for Rewards - $89
Autoship - $79
Report for Rewards - $99
A variety of different shirt styles and fabrics start at $22.
All prices include free shipping with no hidden fees.
Your registration comes with access to the free VRC app to report your miles. Click here to download the app on iOS or Android, then follow the instructions below:
- Enter the email associated with your registration.
- Click the Totally 80's event.
- Select “Add Activity”.
- Enter your miles and click “Save”.
- When you reach a milestone, your freshly earned pin will pop up on your screen. Congrats! Click “Claim” and follow the prompts to receive your reward. You will have an opportunity to update your mailing address when you claim each reward. If you opted to receive your rewards up front instead, the “Claim” button will not appear.
If you opted to report for rewards, make sure you log your miles in the free VRC app. Once you log enough miles in the app to reach a milestone, your freshly earned pin will pop up on your screen. Congrats! Click the Claim button and follow the prompts to receive your reward. You will have an opportunity to update your mailing address when you claim each reward.
Reached the milestone awhile ago and still haven't gotten your reward in the mail? You may have forgotten to hit the Claim button. Here's what you need to do:
- Log back into the app.
- Click the milestone you reached, but have not yet received your reward for.
- If you forgot to hit "Claim" the first time, the Claim button will reappear.
- Click it and verify your mailing address to put your reward in our shipping queue.
Still having trouble? Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our messages come from email@example.com. Please add this address to your safe list so you're sure to get all updates.
Some participants like to do multiple Virtual Running Club events at once. If you want to double-dip – that is, apply your miles to multiple events – you have our full permission to do so. Choose whatever works best for you!
There’s a special Facebook group for VRC Distance Challenges, where members share their achievements and cheer each other on. Joining the group is entirely voluntary.
Work with our friends at Wander Project and when you raise the minimum threshold for a non-profit (usually $500), Virtual Running Club will sponsor your participation in this event at no cost to you!
Learn more on the Wander Project Charity Bib Page.