This is your friendly reminder to stay hydrated this summer – and don’t forget the electrolytes!
Whether you’re recovering from a workout, lounging by the pool, or enjoying a summer BBQ, it’s the perfect time to get creative with your hydration with these fun, delicious recipes. From mocktails to cocktails, smoothies and popsicles, you’ll find something to hydrate and satisfy your summertime cravings.
For these recipes, we used Gnarly Hydrate flavors – Orange Pineapple, Raspberry, and Ruby Red Grapefruit – because they’re packed with electrolytes and B vitamins. You can purchase all three flavors in a 40-serving bag here.
If you opt for the hydration sticks, 1 stick is equal to 1 scoop in all of the recipes below.
Orange Pineapple Mimosa
This twist on a classic mimosa will help you stay hydrated during your weekend brunch. It will also add the perfect hint of flavor while keeping your beverage chilled.
- 1 scoop Gnarly Orange Pineapple
- 12 oz water
- Ice cube mold (optional)
- Mix 1 scoop of Gnarly Hydrate to 12 oz of water
- Pour mixture into an ice cube tray
- Freeze overnight or until ice cubes are solid
- Add 3 to 4 cubes to a glass and pour your favorite champagne over them.
You can always prepare this as a standard mimosa by adding champagne immediately after the first step and skipping the ice cube tray
Grapefruit Lime Popsicles
Who doesn’t love a refreshing popsicle on a hot day? This is an easy way to add electrolytes and fresh fruit flavors to a favorite summer treat.
- 6 scoops Gnarly Ruby Red Grapefruit
- 24 - 30 oz water
- 2 limes or 4 TB lime juice
- 1 grapefruit peeled and sliced
- Popsicle tray
- Mix 4 scoops of Gnarly Ruby Red Grapefruit Hydrate with 24-30 oz of water into a pitcher
- Zest 1 lime into the hydration mixture
- Add the juice of 2 limes and stir
- Put peeled and sliced pieces of grapefruit into the popsicle molds
- Pour grapefruit-lime electrolyte solution over the top
- Freeze overnight
Raspberry Mojito (Cocktail or Mocktail)
This cocktail takes your standard mojito and adds in a raspberry twist. It’s not overly sweet, but it is perfectly irresistible. To make this a mocktail, simply omit the rum!
- 1 scoop Gnarly Raspberry
- 8 oz water
- 5 mint leaves
- 4 tbsp White Rum – omit for mocktail
- 2 tbsp lime juice (1 lime)
- Lime seltzer or club soda (a splash to ½ cup)
- 2 raspberries and additional mint leaves for garnish
- Mix 1 scoop of Raspberry Gnarly Hydrate with 8 oz of water
- Muddle mint leaves in the bottom of a glass, using a muddler or the end of a mixing spoon
- Add electrolyte-water mixture, rum, and lime juice to the mint, and stir until combined
- Add ice, then pour seltzer or club soda until the glass is full or is to your liking
- Add raspberries and additional mint leaves to garnish
Orange Pineapple Slushy
Hot summer days are perfect for cold slushies. This tropical drink will satisfy your sweet tooth and tame the summer heat.
- 2 scoops Gnarly Orange Pineapple
- 16 oz water
- 1-2 cups crushed ice
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- Mix 2 scoops of Orange Pineapple Gnarly Hydrate in 16 oz of water
- Add ice, pineapple, and electrolyte-water mixture to a blender
- Combine and enjoy